The Google Play Store APK file can be downloaded for free. If you need to download and re-install the app for your smartphone, then you have to do it right. Here are some tips that you should know about the Play Store app.
Basically, you need to download the app from other sources when your Play Store itself is down. Therefore, you have to download the Google Play Store APK file instead from trusted sources only.
- You can use your computer to download the APK file from the Internet browser.
- Don’t forget to enable Unknown Sources from the Settings > Security > Unknown Sources and toggle the switch to On, so that you can install the APK file you have taken from sources other than the Play Store.
- Once downloaded, transfer it to your Android smartphone via the USB cable. You should connect one end to the USB port of the computer and the other end to the charging port of the phone.
- Your computer should detect your device once it is connected. Double-click on the newly-connected device to open the folder where you want the file to be saved.
- Move or copy the file to the destination folder, preferably on the external memory card.
- Once you have moved or copied the file, disconnect the smartphone from your computer.
- Search for the APK file that you have saved on the folder that you have chosen.
- Tap the APK file in order to proceed with the installation process. You might be prompted to confirm the installation, so just tap OK to continue.
Don’t forget to disable Unknown Sources by toggling the switch back Off. Just make sure that the Google Play Store APK file you have downloaded is compatible with your Android device.