You should know by now that you can’t install any app other than those downloaded via the Google Play Store. The problem is how you can get the app if it is not found on your Android device in the first place.
The answer is simple and all you need to do is to download the APK file from a trusted source. The first method is downloading the file through your computer. Here’s how:
- Go to your desktop and select a Web browser that you often use.
- From the search box, type Google Play Store APK download.
- When you have found a trusted source, click on the link to download the APK file.
- Once done, copy the file to your mobile device by connecting via a USB connector. One end should be connected to the USB port, while the other to the charging port of your Android device
- Copy the APK file to your phone’s memory card and remove the connection from the computer.
- Find the recently copied file from via the File Manager and tap it to install right away.
- If your phone is set to block files from unknown sources, go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources
- You can now continue with the installation process and confirm that you want to install the file when prompted.
Another option for Google Play Store APK download
You can also download the APK file from the mobile device itself. Simply go to the Internet browser and then follow the procedure above. However, after downloading the file, directly go to the File Manager and search for the downloaded file and continue with the installation process.
Downloading APK files can be useful for any version of Android. This is even useful when the Google Play Store needs to be re-installed due to some errors.