Google Play Store is the official source of apps for the Android platform. However, some versions of Android have not integrated this as a default application, particularly the older Samsung devices. You can resolve this issue by downloading the APK file of Google Play Store.
You are required to choose a source that would enable you to download the Play Store APK. Here are steps that you can mimic if you want to proceed with this option.
- Tap the Settings tab
- Go to Security > Unknown Sources
- Tap the switch beside this to toggle it on
Take note that other Samsung models might vary in terms of security settings depending on the model. Download the latest version of the Play Store when you select the APK file from the source website.
You can even download the file using another mobile device or a desktop computer from a trustworthy source. Make sure that it suits the Android version running on your Samsung mobile device. Just go to the search box from any browser in your mobile device and search the name Google Play Store APK.
After you download the APK file, check the notification bar and click it. You would be prompted to confirm the installation process.
- You might get a warning that you are going to make changes to the system. So, all you need to do is to click the OK button in order to begin the installation.
- The next window will let you proceed with the installation process. Just click on Install to start the download of the APK file.
- You will also be able to tap on the icon from the home screen in order to access Google’s official app.
You can also download the APK file from a desktop computer. Once you have downloaded the file, you can transfer it to your mobile device via USB through the charging port of your mobile device.