WhatsApp is a very famous app used for sending and receiving messages over the Internet. You can download it for your mobile device or for your PC running Windows operating system. Here are things that you need to mimic if you want to get WhatsApp application for your computer.
- Visit this link https://web.whatsapp.com
- Once you land on the homepage, you will see a QR code on the main display
- You need to follow the instructions given here in order to open WhatsApp on your mobile device
- Simply go to Settings on your smartphone or tablet, and click the WhatsApp Web option.
- Point the mobile device to the QR code found on your desktop computer’s screen.
- By doing this, WhatsApp will automatically load on your desktop.
Using WhatsApp for desktop is not only limited to Windows operating systems. Likewise, this can be really useful, as it enables you to receive videos or images without crowding up the storage on your mobile device.
Moreover, the desktop application of WhatsApp has received a new update. A new My Status option has been added, which is similar to the mobile app. Thus, desktop users will be able to find new GIF search feature in order to help in searching relevant images to share with their contacts.
The Settings also has been modified and improved by the WhatsApp team. The Shared Live Location feature for Android and iOS and the new Text Status feature for Windows platform were released by this team just recently. On the same note, the team also enabled Delete for Everyone feature that would be available for all platforms, including the desktop version.
Take note that the update can be acquired for WhatsApp Desktop via the link provided here. Some users might not be able to use it right away, but the beta version should be a great option to try the new features up before they will be released publicly.