When you think about modern phones, Nokia is not the first brand that pops into your mind. While the company had products that were popular years ago, nowadays it does not represent a powerful competitor on the market. However, when it comes to WhatsApp, it appears that the popular app did not forget about QWERTY phones. In fact, WhatsApp is available for devices such as Nokia Asha 200 and Nokia Asha 201. While the installation is a bit different, it is not hard to get the app on these mobile phones.
Get WhatsApp for Nokia Asha 200
We already know that Nokia Asha 200 is not a product that comes with an impressive storage, so make sure that you have at least 8 MB available before you download the app. Also, if you use the dual SIM feature, remove the second SIM.
- Open your browser and download the WhatsApp APK for Nokia Asha 200 mobile.
- Download WhatsApp on the computer. You should have two files: WhatsApp_Messenger.jar & WhatsApp_Messenger.jad.
- Then, move the files from the computer to the memory card of your phone.
- On your phone, copy these files to the Application folder in the memory card. Make sure that there is only one copy
- Open OPTIONS and then select UPDATE VERSION
- Wait until the download is complete and then select the option that opens the file.
- WhatsApp should install now, wait until the installation is complete. You will be asked whether you want to continue, select YES.
- The app will open, type your phone number (without the first 0).
- Go through the setup process, and verify your account with the verification SMS.
- Choose your WhatsApp name and you are done.
Get WhatsApp for Nokia Asha 201
All you have to do is open http://www.whatsapp.com/s40/ on your phone, and then download it.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2017 but has been updated for accuracy and freshness.
I don’t have a computer,how am i suppose to download the app,please help me
If you have Nokia Asha 201, then you can download the app directly. But if not, you can borrow your friends pc.