Aside from creating the Windows 10 ISO file, Microsoft also allows users to download the Media Creation Tool. This tool would assist you in downloading Windows 10, providing excellent experience for those running Windows 10, 8.1 or 7.
The Installation Media Tool can be downloaded via Microsoft with this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. This enables you to download the ISO file without requiring a product key. It will be useful when you think of applying a clean install or just an upgrade to your Windows 10 platform.
Create Installation Media For Another PC
- When running the tool, take note that it creates a couple of directories at the system partition, namely $Windows.~WS and $Windows.~BT. These folders would have the installation and downloaded setup files. It also has the option to create if it will fail.
- You will be prompted with 2 options, namely Create installation media for another PC and Upgrade this PC. When you choose the Create installation media, you will again be prompted to choose which media you would want to use.
- The file requires at least 3GB of storage for USB Flash Drive or you can opt for creating an ISO file that you can burn later to a DVD. If you choose the latter, it will soon download and create the Windows 10 media.
- 2 options will be offered when the ISO file has been downloaded. First is to open where the ISO file is located and second is to run a software tool to burn ISO file to a DVD.
If in case something happened to your installation, such as an error, then you have to restart the setup once again. It should work because it happens sometimes when you choose this option.
Upgrade This PC Now
- If you choose the option to upgrade your PC, then you have to click Next, after you toggle the option from the screen.
- You will be prompted to enter the Language, Edition, and Architecture for this option. So just input English, Windows 10, and 64-bit, respectively, if your system is suited for this.
- Simply click Next, in order to proceed with the upgrade process.
You can do these options if you have Internet connection because you have to download it from the official Microsoft.com page. If you will acquire an ISO from an external source, then you should be careful because some of these files contain malware.
The Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is indeed useful if you want to create your own ISO file from the official website. You might be able to use the ISO file to upgrade to Windows 10, 8.1, or 7, based on the operating system you are using.
However, you should be careful when installing the file because you might want to keep files, apps, and other Windows settings and don’t want them to be affected. A number of options will be given based on your preferences. So, after clicking Next, you are now ready for the installation process to start.