If you are having problems with your current Windows 10 installation, then perhaps it is time to try another option. This particularly happens when you try to use the media creation tool.
All you need to do is to go to Microsoft Software Download Windows 10 page via this link https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10. You can do this from a device using Windows 10, 8.1, or 7.
This page allows you to download a disc image or ISO file that you can use to install/re-install Windows 10. At the same time, you can use this to make installation media via DVD or USB flash drive.
How To Download The ISO File
- Go to the official website of Microsoft via https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10.
- From the menu, look for the option to Create Windows 10 installation media. A button below the description to Download tool now indicates that you need to download the Media Creation Tool.
- After clicking the button, all you have to do is to double-click on the icon named Media Creation Tool so that you can begin the process.
- A number of screens will prompt you to download, including the USB drive and ISO file download options.
- You would be prompted to input details such as operating system version, language, and architecture, which include Windows 10, English, and 64-bit, respectively.
- Afterwards, you select between putting the ISO file on the disc or opening a DVD burning app, or downloading it to your computer.
- If you select downloading the ISO file to your computer, you need to right-click on the icon and just choose Mount so that you can install Windows.
- If in case you run into trouble, you might want to install the file from a DVD or USB flash disk to install Windows 10 manually instead to resolve this.
Consider This An Advantage
This installation process would work even if you use Windows 8.1 or 7 platforms. In fact, you can use this process to allow Microsoft to think that your system is not able to run the media creation tool.
This can be done by using the browser user agent of Microsoft in order to identify the OS you are currently using. You can change that to an OS that is not able to run a media creation tool so that you can finally download the Windows 10 ISO legally. All you need to have is a browser named Firefox on your system and the installed User Agent Switcher add-on for Firefox.
- You need to open the browser and install the add-on.
- Open a new tab in which you need to click the add-on button near the toolbar.
- Simply choose iPhone 3.0 from the options of listed user agents. When the add-on is active, the button will turn blue.
You can now download Windows 10 ISO from this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. You can begin the download as you click the Download button in which the link will work for 24 hours.
You will also be redirected to a page to download the media creation tool without changing the user agent. Thus, you will be able to create an installation disk with the ISO file. Just burn it to a USB flash drive or via DVD burning software.