VidMate has been very popular among Android and iOS users due to its large number of features and intuitive interface. Some users have asked for a PC version but it seems that the developers prefer to make the app available for a single platform in order to be able to release constant updates and fixes without the delays that are faced in the case of multi-platform programs.
Those that wish to enjoy VidMate on their PC are able to do so if they are willing to follow the tutorial that can be found below.
In order to run VidMate your desktop and laptop, you will have to download an Android emulator. There are several Android emulators that are available for free on the internet. For the purpose of this tutorial we used Nox App Player and Bluestacks but other emulators should be compatible.
- Pick the emulator you want to use
- Go to the official website and download the installer
- Run the installer and wait for the process to finish
- Run the emulator
This can be done by either downloading the APK file within the emulator or downloading the APK on the PC and then transferring the file. We decided to use the first method.
- Open the built-in browser within the emulator
- Download the VidMate APK from a reliable source
- Go to the Downloads folder
- Click on the app and confirm the installation process
- After the installation is finished click on the app icon
Here are some of the features offered by VidMate:
- Download music and video content from one of the sites that are compatible.
- The app allows you to pick the desired quality before the file is downloaded.
- Music can be saved in MP3 or MP4 format.
The app can be used to download content from sites like YouTube, Dailymotion and Vimeo. Keep in mind that some of the content is protected by copyright. It is advised to use a reliable VPN solution in order to avoid unwanted problems.