If you’re looking for a device that will get the job done and at a great price at that, you are probably looking for one of Xiaomi’s models. There are plenty of iterations coming from the company that is now worldwide renowned as a healthy alternative for the Apples and Samsungs out there. Two of Xiaomi’s latest devices are the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 and the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2. If you’re not that tech savvy and happened to see the two devices in store, you are probably going to wonder what the difference is between them. That is, of course, unless you check out the rest of this article where we explain what’s different between the two models.
Right from the start there are some very important differences between the two devices, that we must talk about. For starters, they are not made from the same materials. While the Mi Note 3 sports a glass and aluminum body, the Mi MIX 2 comes with a metal and ceramic casing and that alone sets the two phones world apart.
- When it comes to the display, the Mi MIX 2 has the larger unit, which measures 6 inches. The Mi Note 3 on the other hand features a 5.5 inch display which is just as good for many users.
- The two phones comes with similar layouts for their screens, specifically IPS LCD technology under the hood.
- The resolution is different, however, with the larger screen featuring the 2160 x 1080 resolution whereas the Mi Note 3 offers a 1920 x 1080 resolution.
Under the hood
- The Mi Note 3 comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processing unit while the Mi MIX features the Snapdragon 835, also from Qualcomm. The latter device is also clocked higher, at 2450 MHz, as opposed to the 2200 MHz clockspeed of the Mi Note 3.
- For graphics, the Mi Note 3 features the Adreno 512 while the Mi MIX 2 comes with an Adreno 540 unit.
- Both devices come with 6 GB of RAM but provide different internal storage options. Mi Note 3 owners can store up to 128 GB while Mi MIX 2 users have access to a total of 256 GB.
- The batter battery specifications differ, with the Mi Note 3 grabbing the bigger unit, punching in at 3500 mAh. The Mi MIX 2 on the other hand has a battery capacity of 3400 MaH.
- While some like the option to replace their battery, that is not part of the deal when you buy either of these handsets, as they come with non-removable units.
It’s neat knowing that you don’t have to settle for inferior quality smartphones just because you can’t afford a specific brand, and with multiple options on display from Xiaomi, you are more than likely to find something you can make your own. The two phones reviewed here excel in different areas, so it depends on your personal needs when it comes to picking one.