T-Mobile has started rolling out a new update for the LG G3 handsets that are connected to its network. First of all, we need to mention that the version is D85130g and it has only 132MB. The new update comes with many changes, but the most important one is the fix for the 2G and 3G data roaming issues that many users have been reporting.
At the same time, the new update comes with a LG app fix along with some stability improvements. The change also mentions that the new update comes with “Google monthly security patch,” but it doesn’t mention exactly which month. However, we think that the new update comes with Android June security update and we suggest you to download and install it as soon as possible.
As expected, the update is being released over-the-air (OTA), meaning that it could take a few days until it will reach to your device. However, if you are not that patient, you can frequently check if there are any new updates for your LG G3 device by heading to Settings->About->System Updates->Check For Update.
LG G3: Specifications
- Dimensions: 146.3×74.6×8.9mm;
- Weight: 149 grams;
- Display: 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD display that supports a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels at 538 ppi (protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3;
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801;
- Processor: quad-core Krait 400 CPU clocked at 2.5GHz;
- RAM: 2GB or 3GB of RAM;
- Graphics card: Adreno 330;
- Internal storage: 16GB and 32GB;
- External storage: up to 256GB using a microSD card;
- Primary camera: 13MP that features dual-LED flash, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama;
- Secondary camera: 2.1MP;
- Battery: 3000 mAh (removable).
Have you installed the latest update on your LG G3? Tell us your thoughts about it!