Samsung Galaxy S8 vs. Xiaomi Mi 6 – Can the Flagship Killer Work its Magic on Samsung’s Latest?
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is one of the most anticipated devices of this year. Ever since we first stepped foot into 2017, people have been eager to learn more about Samsung’s latest flagship device. The company was coming off the success of the Galaxy S7 but also off the failure of the Note 7. It would be a decisive smartphone for the Korean giant and after a long waiting period, it finally launched. People were excited and pleased as their wildest expectations had been met. The S8 is now a success and considered one of best smartphones released so far. However, is it the only option? Many would say yes, but there are also those that would give devices like the Xiaomi Mi 6 a chance. That’s what we are going to do today, as we are looking at how the Xiaomi smartphone can stand against the S8.
The S8 is now a success and considered one of best smartphones released so far. However, is it the only option? Many would say yes, but there are also those that would give devices like the Xiaomi Mi 6 a chance. That’s what we are going to do today, as we are looking at how the Xiaomi smartphone can stand against the S8.
- The Mi6 comes with an IPS LCD display that covers 5.15 inches worth of screen. It has a max resolution of 1920 x 1080 and a pixel density of 448 ppi.
- The Galaxy S8 comes with a Super AMOLED display, covering 5.8 inches of screen. It also has a max resolution of 2960 x 1440. The pixel density for this screen is 570 ppi.
Processing and memory
- Xiaomi’s device comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, which is an octa core chip, and the Adreno 540 graphics processor. On the RAM side, it features 6 GB while the internal storage is capped at 64/128 GB.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processing unit, or the Exynos 8895 in the US. Both versions are octa core processors and provide a lot of power. The GPU is the Mali-G71 MP20. The handset also comes with 64 GB of internal storage and a total of 4 GB of RAM.
Battery and other features
- The Xiaomi Mi 6 comes with a larger battery unit, with a total capacity of 3350 mAh, while the Samsung Galaxy S8 features a smaller 3000 mAh battery unit.
Both devices feature an extensive list of color variants, which give users a lot of options when it comes to personalizing their choice. Here are all the color options for the two smartphones:
- The Xiaomi Mi 6 comes in: Ceramic Black, regular Black, White and Blue
- The Galaxy S8 comes in: Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Coral Blue, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue and Maple Gold
As you can see, both devices excel in different areas. If you want more exotic colors for your device, you might find Samsung’s collection more appealing, but if you’re after more RAM, Xiaomi does the job better. It’s not really about which device is better as much as it is about which is better for you.