Google Chrome provides fast browsing experience for users around the world. However, it is more important to note that updating the app regularly would keep the computer stable and secured.
For this reason, you need to make sure that your Internet browser is up-to-date. Here are steps that you can mimic in order to update your favorite browser and avoid disappointments in the end.
- Simply launch Google Chrome
- Click on the menu button, which is represented by a series of dots or dashes, which depends on the version of Chrome you are using.
- Click Help at the bottom of the list, then click About Google Chrome.
- You will be prompted with a page that Chrome uses to check for updates. If you have an updated browser, it will indicate that Google Chrome is up to date. Thus, it indicates that you already installed the latest version of Chrome. Otherwise, the browser automatically downloads the most recent version.
- When the download completes, click Relaunch to restart your browser option. By doing this, you enable Chrome to save and reopen the pages automatically upon re-launching.
- This should have updated your version of Google Chrome to its latest.
Take note that Google Chrome updates automatically. If you think that your browser is not on its latest version, then you can apply the manual update procedure.
You can also update the Google Chrome browser for iOS and Android devices. All you need to do is to visit the App Store for Apple devices and the Play Store for Android devices.
Windows XP, Vista, or older versions of Windows might not be able to get the updated version of Google Chrome. However, you can download the updated version by doing it on a Windows 7 or higher operating system. Save the downloaded file to a flash drive and install it on a computer running Windows Vista or older.