One of the best advantages of using Google’s free email service, Gmail is that the extensive help you can get from Google. The amount of support available for users of Gmail is very impressive and extensive. They have dedicated an entire website for the sole support of this widely used online tool.
Gmail has an estimated number of 1.2 billion users and maintaining and helping that amount of people with their problems is no easy task. That is why Google has prepared an extensive website for all the known problems that one might encounter when using Gmail. There are detailed steps and workarounds to every known issue that users have reported and asked Google throughout its longstanding tenure.
If you navigate the following URL (https://support.google.com/mail/) you will be taken to Gmail Help Center.
Welcome to the Gmail Help Center
The Gmail Help Center is a technical documentation site that teaches how to navigate and use the Gmail tool as well as help the users with some commonly encountered hurdles when using Gmail.
The Gmail Help Center has seven sections that cover most of the nooks and crannies of the Gmail service.
- The first section talks about popular articles that revolve around the general usage of the Gmail app. It has articles about creating an account, signing in, changing password, as well as articles when already logged in. This includes modifying tabs and categories, adding email accounts to the Gmail app, changing notifications, and changing Gmail settings.
- Managing your Gmail account for the second section has four main sub categories that include signing in and out, security & privacy, account information, and contacts. Clicking one of them will take you to the articles related to the main subjects with detailed steps and instructions on how to configure Gmail more to your liking.
- The third section is all about email specifics: how to use it properly, how to organize emails optimally, and how to do specific tasks related to when using the email service. There is even a sub section that talks about some tips and tricks that you could do in order to enhance your user experience.
- The fourth section focuses on Gmail’s configurable settings that help you control how your account looks like. There are also articles that help you set configurations that dictate how your account behaves. (It has detailed instructions on how to set a signature and vacation replies.) Lastly, it has an article about Gmail offline, an app that allows you to use Gmail without even connecting to the Internet.
- Sending emails is the concern of the fifth section wherein you will find instructions on how to write and send emails and include images and other attachments. It also has articles that talk about sending bulk emails.
- The sixth section focuses on the Gmail app both for Android and IOS.
- The last section is dedicated to commonly encountered problems when using the Gmail email tool.
In addition to this very useful technical documentation you can also visit to the Gmail help (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/gmail) forum for additional help.
Check out and learn more about Gmail’s new improvements here.