WhatsApp is available for download on Android, iPhone or even Windows Phone devices. You can go to the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, or to the Windows Marketplace.
However, if you are using Nokia Asha, you might be looking at an expiration date. This is because Nokia S40 phones will stop supporting WhatsApp after December 31, 2018. That will be when the year ends. Here are some of the supported Nokia S40 compatible devices.
Nokia Series 40 Compatible Devices
- Nokia 206 Single and Dual SIM devices
- Nokia 208 Preinstalled WhatsApp
- Nokia 301 Single and Dual SIM Chat Edition
- Nokia 515 Preinstalled WhatsApp
- Nokia Asha 201, 205, 210, 230, 300, 302, 303, 305, 306, 308, 309, 310, 500 to 503
Despite the fact that there are so many ways to communicate with friends and family, many people still use WhatsApp as a means of getting in touch. For one, it is one of the most cost-effective ways to communicate with everyone. You just make sure that you have an Internet connection and you’re good to go.
One of the things that go with budget-friendly choices is the Asha series phones from Nokia. This is why people are concerned about the end of line for such phone models due to the fact that Nokia will be focusing on the Lumia Windows Phones, as other Nokia line of products.
The good thing for now is that WhatsApp hasn’t given up on their support to the Asha series yet, at least until the end of 2018.
Installing WhatsApp on Nokia Asha Series Phones
- Ensure that your device is still supported before installing WhatsApp
- Go to the main screen of your phone and open Internet Browser
- Type the Web link where you can get WhatsApp, namely https://www.whatsapp.com/s40/
- Select Download Now and follow the prompts you can see on your screen
You shouldn’t be concerned about the security issues of your phone when installing WhatsApp because this app is constantly updated by its developers. Therefore, you need to download and install the most recent version of the app on your Asha device.