WhatsApp users received some good news the day WhatsApp on computer was released. For many this was a sign that the app is evolving and getting bigger, and this new feature made chatting even easier than before. However, there was one requirement. You couldn’t access WhatsApp on PC without using your phone. If you ever wondered to use the app without needing your phone, we have prepared a small tutorial for you. These instructions are only available for Android devices.
Learn how to use WhatsApp without your phone
- Before we start you should open your browser and go to bluestacks.com. When you are there, download BlueStacks, which is an Android Emulator.
- Select the “Download BlueStack” options, and wait until the application downloads on your PC. Then install it.
- After the installation is complete, open the BlueStacks application.
- When the application is open you should see a list of apps. Select the WhatsApp icon and click the install option.
- WhatsApp will be installed on your computer, wait until the installation is complete. After it is done, launch the app. You should find the WhatsApp icon on your desktop.
- Now you will have to enter your phone number. It can be a mobile phone number or home phone number. However, you should know that if you use your home number you cannot receive the SMS verification and you will have to use the Call Me option and you will hear the code in a voice message. If you use a mobile phone, you should receive a verification code via SMS.
- Enter the verification code and you should be done. You will have a WhatsApp account and you will be able to use the application from your computer, without needing your mobile phone. You can also use BlueStacks for other applications.