After the launch of the Xiaomi Mi A2 (Mi 6X) Android phone, the selling is going very well for this device because it’s offering a similar Android experience as the Google Pixel devices. But we know that we can’t stop here and we can’t linger only on the current devices that the company is offering now. The successor of the Mi A2 will be the Xiaomi Mi A3 or Mi 7X that is coming this year.
Rumors and Leaks
From January we know that Xiaomi has begun to work on the new Mi A3 Android device and starting from then, many stories about the phone have been rolled out. So the latest rumors are saying that the phone will have the Snapdragon 675 SOC and not the newly launched Snapdragon 712 SOC. Also, the phone will have 8GB of RAM instead of 6GB of RAM, and the storage capacity will be as the 6GB of RAM model. The next two models, the RealMe 3 or the RealMe 3 Pro, will have the same SOC. Let’s see all the rumors about the Xiaomi Mi A3.
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Design – regarding the design, the Mi A3 will have a rectangular notch, a water-drop notch and the new island camera can be found on the device. On the other hand, the bottom bezel will not disappear soon, maybe the top bezel. The rear will be from a metal design with the same dual camera setup. But the change could be done on the camera placement. We could have the Mi A3 phone with center camera setup and not on the left side as the last Mi and Redmi phones from this year. Also, the fingerprint scanning technology will be improved, and the response times will be better than we have seen in the first generations.
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Specification- the first rumors have stated that the Xiaomi Mi A3 will have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 with Kryo 470 cores. But now we have found out that the Mi A3 will have the Snapdragon 675 SOC. Playing games will not be a problem because it will have the Adreno 618 GPU. Also, the Mi A3 comes with X15 LTE modem that reaches download speeds up to 800 Mbps, and the battery will be improved too. The Mi A3 is coming with a 3300 mAh battery and 18W Quick Charging capabilities.
However, regarding the storage and memory department, the first rumors said that the Xiaomi Mi A3 would have 4GB of RAM and 64GB internal storage for the base model, and 6/8GB of RAM with 128GB internal storage for the top line model. Now the rumors are saying that the memory will be with 8GB of RAM. Also, you can increase your room with the SD-card slot that supports up to 256GB. From what do we know so far is that the 3.5 mm headphone jack isn’t supported.
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Display – the phone will have a 6.3 inches OLED screen, with 1080×2246 pixels and 1080+ 19.7:9 display. The display protection is coming from Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Camera- the phone can be the first one that comes with a tri-camera setup, with sensors dedicated for three lenses (telephoto zoom lens, a wide-angle lens, and a Bayer sensor for black and white). The two sensors will have 12MP, ƒ/1.8, and 1/2.9″, 1.4μm and the 20MP, f/1.8, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm the second one. The front camera is a Dual Front selfie snappers, with LED flash.
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Software – the device can come with Android Pie based on MIUI 10 update just like the Redmi Note 7 model. But other rumors are saying that maybe we can get the Android Pie 9.0 or the Android Q.
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Release Date – the Chinese market will be the place where the new Xiaomi Mi A3 will be first launched, and after some time, we will see it on the Q3 2019.
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Price – the new Xiaomi Mi A3 device could be somewhere between $255 and $300. The price is reasonable if you think that you have a big storage, between 6 to 8 GB of RAM, a decent camera, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 SOC, and two years of Android updates.