If you are the owner of a Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 or a Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 and you live in India, then we suggest you check if you’ve received the OTA update on your handset, as according to reports it is currently rolling out. The new update has only 40MB in size and as you’ve already guessed, it has been released in India. It is actually a security update, which brings Android OS security fixes for the June 2017.
Since it has only 40MB, we can clearly say that no new features or options have been brought via this update. In other words, if you’ve been waiting for something new on your Galaxy A5/A6 2016, you’re out of luck.
According to the change log, the new update comes with “critical security vulnerability,” which is exactly what we’ve told you, so there is nothing more than this. Since this is an OTA Update, you might receive it a bit later on your device and this is the reason why we suggest you to check constantly for new updates until you get it.
Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 / Galaxy A7 2016: Specifications
- Dimensions: 144.8x71x7.3mm (both);
- Weight: 155 grams / 172 grams;
- Displays: 5.2-inch super AMOLED that supports a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels at 424 ppi / 5.5-inch super AMOLED display that supports a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels at 401 ppi;
- Chipset: : Exynos 7580 Octa (both);
- Processor: octa-core Cortex A53 CPU clocked at clocked at 1.2GHz;
- Graphics card: Mali-T720MP2;
- RAM: 2GB / 3GB;
- Internal storage: 16GB (both);
- External storage: up to 256GB using a microSD card (both);
- Primary camera: 13MP that features OIS, LED flash, autofocus, geo-tagging, HDR, panorama, face detection (both);
- Secondary camera: 5MP (both);
- Battery: 2900 mAh (non-removable) / 3300 mAh (non-removable).