You can use WhatsApp on your computer through an emulator if, for some reason, you don’t like the PC version of the Facebook-owned instant messaging app. Also known as WhatsApp Web, the PC version of the notorious app has the disadvantage of not offering a video calling option for the users. But luckily enough, there is a way to get WhatsApp going on your PC with its full list of features.
WhatsApp offers a lot of useful functionalities, and the developers are even updating the software regularly. The app is well-known for being a free service that offers video calling, self-destructive messages, the option to send your exact location to someone or block annoying people, and many more.
BlueStacks: the free Android emulator for PC
Blue Stacks is the key that will make WhatsApp running on your computer. Grab the emulator from bluestacks.com and have your phone prepared with WhatsApp installed on it. Run the setup file downloaded from BlueStacks’ website and follow the simple installation procedure. When the emulator asks for App Store access and App Notifications during the installation, you must uncheck both options.
The remaining steps are pretty simple:
- Leave BlueStacks running and download the WhatsApp apk file by finding it with your browser.
- Double-click the apk file of WhatsApp that you have stored on your PC. This will make the app install itself in the BlueStacks App Player automatically.
- Return to BlueStacks and observe the grid of apps that you’ve installed. Launch WhatsApp from the list.
- Enter your phone number and hit the ‘Verify’ option.
- Wait as WhatsApp will try and fail to verify using SMS.
- After several minutes, click ‘Call me’ as WhatsApp will automatically offer you the chance of verification through voice.
- Answer the phone call you get and remember the verification code spoken.
- Enter the verification code in WhatsApp as it’s running in BlueStacks. That’s all. Congratulations!
There are so many people out there that you can get in touch with through instant messaging apps. WhatsApp has more than two billion users, and there’s no reason to believe that the number won’t increase even more.