Google Chrome is currently one of the most used browsers on both desktop and mobile platforms. Today we will talk about how you can easily keep your Google Chrome updated on PC, Android and iOS.
Google Chrome: Update On PC
Usually, the Google Chrome will automatically update when you close and reopen the browser. However, if you have not closed your browser for quite a while, there are high chances that you will see a pending update.
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer;
- Click on the “More” button that’s found in the top-right side of the browser window;
- If an update is pending, the icon will be colored as followed:
– Green: an update has been available for 2 days;
– Orange: an update has been available for 4 days;
– Red: an update has been available for 7 days;
- Click the “Update Google Chrome” button (if you can’t see this button then you’re already using the latest version of the browser);
- Once the update is complete click “Relaunch” to restart the browser using the latest version.
Google Chrome: Update On Android OS
Usually, Google Chrome will automatically update based upon the Google Play Store settings. However, you can always check if there is a new version of the browser available, by taking the following steps:
- On your Android device open the Google Play Store App;
- At the top left you will see a menu button, which you will need to tap;
- Select My Apps & Games and look for the “Updates” group;
- Here you will see the updates that are available for the applications that are installed on your handset;
- Search for Chrome in this list and if you see it tap “Update”.
Google Chrome: Update On iOS
Likewise on Android, the Google Chrome should automatically update on iOS based upon your Apple App Store settings. To check if there is an update available for the Google Chrome on your iOS, take the following steps:
- Open the App Store on your iPad or iPhone;
- Look for the “Updates” button located at the bottom and tap on it;
- Look for Chrome in the pending updates;
- If you see Chrome listed, tap update to install the latest version of the browser (keep in mind that you might be asked to insert your Apple ID password).