Firefox is a free and open-source web browser that has been developed by Mozilla. The web browser is available on both desktop and mobile platforms such as: Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android and iOS.
Today we will talk about the latest Firefox version that has been released for mobile devices running on Android OS. We need to mention that the latest Firefox version that has been released for Android platform is 55.0.2. It comes with an installation file size of 37.61MB and it can be installed on any device that runs on Android 4.0.3 or above.
Unfortunately, the new Firefox 55.0.2 doesn’t come with any new features or options. This might be very disappointing for some users, but at least it comes with stability improvements and bug fixes. So, if you are using Firefox on your Android device, you should update to the version 55.0.2 of the application as soon as possible.
- Ability to search intelligently and get the websites loaded faster;
- Improved privacy;
- Ability to sync Firefox across your devices;
- Intuitive Visual Tabs;
- Access to many Add-ons that you can install;
- Ability to share video and web content from your smartphone or tablet to any TV that comes with streaming features.
Firefox 55.0.2: How To Install On Your Android Device
- Open the Google Play Store App;
- Search for Firefox 55.0.2;
- Tap “INSTALL” or “UPDATE”;
- Start browsing the internet using the latest Firefox version on your Android handset.
We have to agree that Firefox is more popular on PCs, but we think that in time it will also be more popular on mobile handsets. However, the developers will also have to work on the stability of the browser on Android OS, as there are many users who are saying that this browser is randomly crashing very frequently.