Microsoft discontinued the Essentials suite back in early 2017. However, Essential suite is still a fan-favorite. For those who have forgotten what this suite offers, then they should know that the Essential suite gives Windows users access to useful features such as Live Mail and the integrated Mail & Calendar app among others.
Even though the Essential suite has been discontinued, Windows fans should be happy to know that there is still a way to download and install it on Windows 10. Although, it’s been more than a year since the Essential suite has received any new security patches which means that this client is not the safest one available. With that out of the way, we are going to present readers with a step by step guide on how to install the Essential 2012 suite.
How to Install the Essential 2012 Suite
- The first thing that users need to do is to head over to this website and then download Essentials 2012;
- Now install the suite and then open “Windows Live Mail”;
- Access the Properties panel and then pick File – Options – Email Accounts;
- Input your Microsoft account ID and password;
- Make sure to check the “Manually configure server settings” box;
- Enter “mail.outlook.com” and choose “port 993” for the incoming server;
- Enter “smtp-mail.outlook.com” and choose “port 587” for the outgoing server;
- Save the settings and then wait for the emails to be synchronized.
This is all that Windows users need to do in order to install the Essential 2012 suite on their Windows 10 powered PC or laptop. As we can clearly see, the installation process is not complicated at all and everyone can do it in less than five minutes.
Now that we presented the installation guide for the Essential 2012 suite, let’s go over some of the highlight features that this program has to offer:
- Data Protection;
- Anywhere Access;
- Core Infrastructure improvements;
- Email Integration.