Like most things pro or licensed, Google Earth Pro also comes with features that you might not have access to from the non-pro type.
The good news is you can easily download Google Earth Pro. But you will need a license key to access the goods. No need to pay the annual fee of $399, however.
Yes, you can get a license key to enjoy the program for free. Although you would still see the term “free trial” in the URL of the sign-up page, your access to Google Earth Pro is no longer for a limited period.
Simply use the license code GEPFREE.
How to Install and Use Google Earth Pro
- Make sure to download the app from this link – https://www.google.com/earth/download/gep/agree.html
- Click on the Agree and Download button and wait for the download to start.
- Once done, run the app to install Google Earth Pro.
- Provide the details when prompted during the course of installation and setup. You will need to type in your email, username, and the license key GEPFREE.
Once that’s done, you can then use the program as you please.
It is important to note that Google Earth Pro was primarily designed for business/enterprise users, thus the hefty fee previously imposed. Some think what Pro offers may not be a necessity, but you be the judge of that.
What are features available in Pro that are lacking in the free, non-Pro version?
- Advanced measurements of land developments and parking lots.
- Printing resolution of up to 4,800 x 3,200
- Data layers that are only available on Pro, such as traffic count and demographics
- Import capability of addresses and export ability of Windows Media and QuickTime HD movies.
Reason enough to download Google Earth Pro latest version? Get right to it then.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2017 but has been updated for accuracy and freshness.