After Windows 8.1 is Windows 10 with promises of a better suite of features, more security, and an overall better user experience. Like most windows OS products this new upgrade comes with two versions, the Home Edition intended for normal users and the Pro Edition which is geared generally for business users.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro
If you are a Surface Pro 3 user you are eligible for an automatic upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, but if you are just a Windows 10 Home user you will have purchase the upgrade at the Windows store.
Why should you upgrade to windows 10 Pro?
There are a number of good reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. If you are someone who has been enjoying the features offered by the Home edition remember that the upgrade builds upon the Windows 10 Home edition adding more cool and advance features that are useful for all, from casual users to users looking to enhance their work experience.
The Windows 10 Pro edition entails the same basic features you get from the Home edition. The following lists below are some of the best features of the Windows 10 found in both editions mentioned.
- The Start Menu has a new revamped look. Although the new design is not considered great for a lot Windows users, it can be customized enough to fit the different needs of different users.
- You get a free full version of the digital voice assistant Cortana, which was only available for Window phones. With this feature you can set reminders for people, places and things. You can also make Cortana search something online, identify a song, perform calculations and more.
- Windows Hello. This is a feature of Windows that allows its users to have a more personal way of signing in. Through Windows Hello you will sign-in with just a quick look or a simple touch. This eliminates the need to remember insecure passwords. In addition, using Microsoft Band and other Windows 10 phones, Windows Hello conveniently allows you to log-in into your Computer.
- Another great feature of Windows 10 is the Virtual Desktop. This has been the first time Windows openly supported multiple Desktops and using new View pane to setup multiple virtual desktops. This is very useful if you want to setup different work modes.
- There is also a new internet browser in town called Microsoft Edge. Considered a replacement of the old Internet Explorer, it boasts of helping your laptop conserve battery when unplugged. With its minimalistic design to keep you focus on what really matters as you browse the Internet. This new browser may soon rival the leaders Chrome and Firefox.
- Microsoft Continuum. This Windows 10 feature allows you to use your phone as an instant Personal Computer, by connecting it to a keyboard, mouse, and monitor. You can purchase separately HP’s Lapdock which goes very well with this feature. This feature is specifically useful when you need to travel light but still need to get some work done.
Basically, if you need a sophisticated set of tools for connectivity and privacy then you should go ahead and do a Windows 10 Pro upgrade. This is especially true if you need to use features like Client Hyper-V in particular.
If you are having some problems with Touchscreen features in Windows 10, you might want to check out this article.