With a huge number of online videos and players running on Adobe Flash, installing the plugin to your browser is essential.
There is an Adobe Flash Player for a wide range of operating systems and for a variety of browsers, including Opera.
Looking for an installer for Windows 7?
Downloading Adobe Flash Player for Windows 7
- Visit the Adobe Flash Player download site.
- Select your operating system from the drop-down menu.
- Select the version you want to install. For Windows 7, your options are:
- FP 27 for Opera and Chromium – PPAPI
- FP 27 for Internet Explorer – Active X
- FP 27 for Firefox – NPAPI
- Uncheck the optional offer presented if you don’t want it, which is usually an installation of McAfee Security Scan Plus.
- Read the terms and conditions and then click the Download now button.
- Wait for the download to complete and look for the EXE file. Double click on it.
- Close the browser if you are asked to do so, and run the installer again.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until the installation is complete.
In the event that you encounter errors relating to ActiveX, disable ActiveX filtering so that Flash will work properly.
Did you encounter permissions error while installing?
- Visit Microsoft and download the SubInACL Installer.
- Once the download is complete, install. Make sure to remember the install location.
- Download the attached file “reset_fp.zip” and then extract in the SubInACL folder that was created.
- Right click “reset_fp.bat” and select “Run as Administrator”. Wait for the installation to complete.
- Restart your computer and run Adobe Flash Player again.
The player should work correctly.
Make it a point to learn more about Adobe Flash Player critical security updates to keep your system secure.