Internet Explorer has never been anyone’s first pick when it comes to browsers, so it’s not surprising that so many people want to uninstall it nowadays. However, Windows makes it kind of mandatory for Internet Explorer to be on there, but there are still ways in which you can get rid of it for good. Today we will teach you how to uninstall Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10. This does not apply to older version of either of these programs, so be warned: do not attempt it on any other version.
- You need to find your computer’s Turn Windows Feature On or Off section. You can do this easily by simply searching for this exact phrase in the search bar situated on your Start Bar.
- After you find this particular box, click on it and it will open. You will notice a lot of programs and folders on it. Look for the Internet Explorer one. It shouldn’t be too difficult, seeing as how they’re organized in alphabetical order.
- All these programs also have check boxes in front of them. What you need to do now is untick the box for Internet Explorer 11.
- Naturally, Internet Explorer 11 will give you the default warning claiming that turning this off might affect you Windows features and so on. This is normal for all system files, but Internet Explorer 11 is not mandatory in order for your computer to run. Very sneaky of you Microsoft. Very sneaky indeed! So just go along with this and rebuke their warnings.
- Now the Internet Explorer 11 removal process will be triggered. Just wait for it to be done and that’s it!
How is life without Internet Explorer 11? Let us know in the comments below.