The latest update to Google Earth VR provides a closer look at the Street View, as it offers you to go anywhere via virtual reality. Of course, you can easily stroll along the gorgeous canals of Venice or stand at the summit of Mt. Everest.
With this update, you can explore the Street View feature from 85 countries. All you need to do is to fly down to take a closer look at the street level. You can check the controller if Street View is indeed available, as you can enter into a 360-degree image.
If you want to install the app, you can just visit the official website via https://vr.google.com/earth/. This is, of course, developed by Google Inc., which gives you a worthwhile experience that would surely fill your day with adventures.
Here are some added features that you may want to know about Google Earth VR.
- Version – The most recent version is 1.3.17421.1134
- Genres – You can enjoy a variety of genres, including Casual, Adventure, Exploration, Education
- Tracking Modes – Supports Front-Facing 360 degrees
- Player Modes – Offers a number of Player modes, including sitting, standing, and Roomscale modes
- Languages – You can really enjoy using this app because it uses English as its base language
- Space Requirement – Your system needs to have at least 2.74 GB of free space in order to run this app without any problem
- Controllers – You can either use Oculus or Touch as supported controllers for Google Earth VR
- Memory – The recommended amount of memory capacity is 8GB
- Graphics Card – Your system should have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or a better graphics card
- Processor – You need to have at least an i5-6400 Processor or an equivalent system or even better version to provide better performance.
Of course, you need to have an Internet connection in order to use Google Earth VR. Likewise, you can get more if you use recommended tools to enhance the experience. Google Earth VR becomes more immersive with the HTC Vive headset or the Oculus Rift.
It will be like flying around the world like Superman, as you can explore locations from above. However, with the new update, the Street View offers even more in 3D. A Google representative even suggested some great spots where you might want to begin your journey, including Dubrovnik, Croatia and AT&T Park, San Francisco.
Additionally, the VR headsets have hand controllers where you can pass above countries with added options to zoom in or to fly around landmarks and other places of interest.
You can also enjoy Google Earth VR even without the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive. This is because it is also compatible for smartphones or via Cardboard or Daydream.
If you have not downloaded Google Earth yet, then all you need to do is visit their website. Options for downloading the app for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive are presented. This should open a new frontier for those who want to explore the world at the Street View level.