You probably already know by now that Google Play Store is constantly releasing new updates. Usually, the new version do not bring anything new, and users are not able to see any changes, but this does not mean that they do not come with some improvements. Usually, there are some bug fixes or other changes that are invisible for most users, but they can increase the performance of the app. If you are one of the persons that can’t keep up with the Google Play Store update here is how you can update to the latest version.
The APK method
Not everyone is comfortable with APK files. They are not the official releases, but they are usually available before Google launches a new version. If you do not have a problem with APK files, here is how you can get the latest updates using this method:
- This way uses third-party websites that provide the applications. You should have Unknown Sources enabled in order to download the file.
- After it is downloaded, head over to File manager and look for the APK file that you have downloaded. When you find it, open it and click Install.
- After the installation is complete simply open the app.
The official method
If you prefer to get the official Play Store release here is how to do it:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap the top left icon. You should see some settings option.
- Go to the Settings menu and swipe down until you see a Play Store version.
- Tap that Play Store version. If a new version is available the download should start automatically.